Monday, October 26, 2009

Mount Winter

I was looking through some old photographs and I found a group I had taken sometime between November 2006 and February 2007 during my time living on top Mount Washington in Pittsburgh. Most of which stand as a memory, a diary of sorts, of what I was doing, who I was hanging around and how much I had to pay for gasoline. Some of these people I still see occasionally and some have moved elsewhere. Justin lives in New York, Claire lives in Arizona. Its strange how fast some memories can fade, and when you stumble across them in your mind it's hard to grasp where the time went. I am a few years older now but of course it seems like a decade. My time living on Mount Washington was filled with countless good moments and good friendships.

Sometimes taking photos of everything around us is important. It's injects fresh memories into our consciousness that we otherwise couldn't force to the surface. Maybe that is simply reason enough to photograph things in our world, to reinforce our memories.

I don't remember it being that cold.










No comments:

COPYRIGHT WARNING

ALL IMAGES HEREIN ARE COPYRIGHT PROTECTED BY THE EVENING SUN OR SHANE DUNLAP. ANY PRIOR USE WITHOUT PERMISSION IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN BY U.S COPYRIGHT LAW.